February 12, 2015 by britt
the best bbq chicken pizza you’ll ever have
britt’s favorite bbq chicken pizza
- your favorite pizza crust (made or bought) – we used “rustic crust” but didn’t love it. i’ll be posting the buckwheat/millet recipe we usually use that is gluten-free.
- mary’s organic chicken (2 boneless/skinless breasts) – cut in small cubes
- organic parsley, salt, and pepper
- “the rib house” mild bbq sauce (you’ll use about 1/2 the bottle- some for simmering the chicken in and some to spread out on the crust.
- shredded organic mozzarella cheese (8oz) (a little bit of parmesan cheese is *optional)
- organic pineapple
- organic chopped cilantro
cook/sautee on medium heat in organic sesame oil & a
pinch of salt. when first side is almost cooked and you
are ready to flip/stir the chicken, add the seasonings:
onion powder, parsley, black pepper, bbq sauce (shown
^^ this crust was a little too heavy for us.
i bought it hoping to please dan. he loves
sourdough bread so i thought what could be better
than sourdough bread? sourdough pizza crust!
the “rustic crust” brand has different kinds
including, three herb italian and organic whole wheat.
we usually will make a buckwheat/millet gluten-free
crust, but it’s a little herb-y and i didn’t think it would
pair well with the bbq chicken.
so in short, my advice would be to make a crust that
you love or find one that you do and use that!
^^ crust, bbq sauce and shredded cheese
^^ i used mozzarella cheese and a little
bit of parmesan. i only bought the block
cheese over the shredded because it was on sale.
next time it would be worth the extra
money so i don’t have to shred it! this particular brand
is a softer cheese, so big chunks would break off while
i was shredding. despite the difficulty in the shredding
process, it is absolutely delicious.
if i didn’t use this cheese i would prefer another
organic shredded mozzarella.
^^ the yummiest pineapple. i’m a fan of olives, but
decided last minute to not put them on. i really liked
it without them.
this is what the pizza looks like with all the toppings
BEFORE going int the oven.
broil on high for 7-9min
it was so delicious.
this pizza was dan approved!